CXG2 HyperGauge Error

Citation X Extreme G2 Knowledgebase
JLord713

Re: CXG2 HyperGauge Error

Post by JLord713 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 pm

Let me start fresh and to your questions:

-"you are running FSX Steam Edition" NO, as it says in my signature, I'm running FSX Boxed. Specifically, GOLD edition
-"you can confirm it is not in your registry any longer YES
-"you run it in admin mode?" YES
-"every time you run FSX it complains about HyperGauge" NO As I said before, not every time. Usually. 75% of time perhaps. And then intermittently hitting the YES button results in FSX kicking me back to my desktop.
" Locate your fsx.cfg file, open it... find the Trusted section and remove any and all entries in that section for Hypergauge.dll." Have done that as well

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled and rechecked the above steps.

And that's where I am. Let me know if you need any more details.

I sincerely apologize for any offense. I mean none whatsoever. Thanks.
FSX Gold Boxed; Windows 10 64bit; CH Flightstick Pro and Pro Pedals; Aerosoft PFPX

JLord713

Post by JLord713 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 pm

I never received a response to my previous post a few months ago, so here's an update. I haven't found a work-around for the "trusted" Hypergauge issue. Plain and simple, if I trust this module, FS will crash. I have followed the instructions meticulously on this thread, and the same result persists. The good news is that as long as I do not add the module as "Trusted," everything works fine. Perhaps it's a bit irksome to click a button to run Hypergauge and another to not trust it EVERY TIME ( I do the same for EagleSoftDG_Gauge.dll), but the sim and the aircraft subsequently will run as expected which is the goal.

To be sure, I LOVE THIS PLANE! After 3 months, I've read every page of included documentation and watched all the youtube videos I could find. I had to go beyond the included documentation to more deeply dive into the FMS and FGC, so now I know the systems/avionics well and fly the plane competently. It's an all around enjoyable experience.

With respect to my previous post, the courtesy of a response would be appreciated. I would rather not have to click dialog boxes to run the gauges (and I don't think it's unreasonable to want that.) However, I'm content to not trust the gauges if that's the only solution. Thanks.
FSX Gold Boxed; Windows 10 64bit; CH Flightstick Pro and Pro Pedals; Aerosoft PFPX

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm

My response with respect is that I think your issue with "trusted" scenario may be related to the use of W10 w/FSX Gold...
W10 can be a mess as to obscure security settings. Be that as it may, while annoying we can assure that this issue seems to be local system related as I cannot duplicate on my W10 test bed. :?

Enjoy.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

JLord713

Post by JLord713 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:31 pm

As much as enjoy flying this plane, I can deal with the issue. Thanks for the prompt response!