Nothing's Clickable

Citation XLS+ Extrene G3 Support Forum
JRobinson

Nothing's Clickable

Post by JRobinson » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:43 pm

I installed the XLS+ just before Xmas but when I load it up in the sim I can't click anything. Over on the left side panel is a battery switch and I can click the red safety cover open but that's all. The little hand cursor pops up on every clickspot in the cockpit but clicking does nothing. I read the Proline 21 activation thread here:

viewtopic.php?p=1864#p1864

...where Ed said to run Register.exe so I tried that, it said "Prepare3D v2 gauges folder not found" or something like that.

Here's the deal, I installed the XLS+ into P3D V3 rather than V2, I do still have V2 installed but I moved the whole V2 installation onto a backup disk to free up disk space a couple years ago, don't use V2 anymore but I never took the time to move it back into place and uninstall it properly. Hence the missing gauges folder.

I don't remember any option to chose sims while installing the actual Mindstar Proline 21 but I think it defaulted to V2 rather than V3 for some reason.

Also in that thread linked above Ed said "if something goes wrong, stop. Ask for help." so that's what I'm doing.

Jim

EDIT:
Windows 7
P3D V 3.3.5.17625
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

WarpD

Re: Nothing's Clickable

Post by WarpD » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 am

It is trying to install into any 32-bit sim it believe you have on your system. Because it couldn't find the proper folder... it stopped.

1 - Open the Mindstar\Tools folder.
2 - Run SimSupporter.exe
3 - Right-click on the Prepar3D v2 icon.
4 - Select "Disable P3D V2"
5 - Click "Yes" to disable the registry entry that tells us P3D is not installed.
6 - Close SimSupporter.
7 - Go to Mindstar\Flight Simulator Addons folder.
8 - Run Register.exe and register the PL21.

This should allow the installer to proceed. If you ever want P3D V2 to work, you just fire up SimSupporter again, right-click on the icon, select "Enable P3D V2". That will restore the registry entry.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

JRobinson

Re: Nothing's Clickable

Post by JRobinson » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Ed, that did the trick, thanks!

Jim