XLS+ FSUIPC4.dll crash, and throttle issue

Citation XLS+ Extrene G3 Support Forum
adrzewiecki

XLS+ FSUIPC4.dll crash, and throttle issue

Post by adrzewiecki » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Good evening,

I recently bought the XLS+ for FSX boxed on Windows 10, and am having some issues.

First: the sim randomly crashes apparently due to some reason from FSUIPC. Sometimes it will crash parked on the ramp. Other times it crashes during taxi, and other times it crashes midway through the flight. Everytime, the event viewer log looks something like this:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.7.4, time stamp: 0x5a914fb2
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000c33b0
Faulting process id: 0x12f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b15c15ced009
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: FSUIPC4.dll
Report Id: fa7cf984-4b17-4b5a-a900-a8edbd7b69ac
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

As you can see, it appears FSUIPC4.dll is the culprit. In the Registry Editor for fsx.exe, under Value Data, it has "$ IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC.dll>" I have tried deleting this value, and it initially appears that the problem has been solved. However, the airplane eventually crashes randomly, and when I go back to the Registry Editor, the ""$ IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSUIPC.dll>" is back in the Value Data. This has happened to me multiple times.

Second: the engines behave very weird at low power settings. At high power settings (above about 50% N1), the engines run fairly smooth and stable. At lower power settings, the engines do a very strange pulsing motion. In other words, I'll try to set a lower power setting (lets say 40% N1), and instead of the engines stabilizing at that power setting, they will osculate up and down, overshooting and undershooting that power setting - but they never stabilize. Perhaps it is an issue with the FADEC?

Thanks

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: Citation XLS+ FSUIPC4.dll crash, and throttle issue

Post by N400QW » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 am

Our XLS+ has no reliance on FSUIPC so this appears to be system/machine related, not the XLS+.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 am

I have FSUIPC4 on my system and do not see any issues. I am wondering if you are running other addons that may be in conflict. Do you use any third party apps with your sim? If so, could please list them? Are you using any third-party scenery updates (fsAero, etc)?
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

adrzewiecki

Post by adrzewiecki » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:47 pm

The only third party addons I had running at the times of the crashes are FSXflight (an addon that links FSX to ForeFlight on the iPad) and EzDok camera addon. All of the flights were out of airports with default scenery. The only addon scenery I have is freeware scenery from flyawaysimulation for a handful of airports. I do have Orbx Central installed, but only for the Orbx Lancair - I do not have any Orbx scenery installed.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Ok... the event information states the faulting module is FSUIPC4.dll_unloaded. Note the "unloaded" part. This means something attempted to access FSUIPC after it was unloaded from memory. The XLS+ doesn't touch FSUIPC at all, so... what do you have that uses FSUIPC?
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

adrzewiecki

Post by adrzewiecki » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:57 pm

WarpD,

As I mentioned earlier, the only third party addons I had running during the crashes were FSX Flight and EzDok. FSX Flight uses FSUIPC, and I am pretty sure EzDok uses FSUIPC as well. I also have my yoke and rudder pedals calibrated through FSUIPC.

I use FSX Flight and EzDok with many other aircraft as well without issue - the XLS+ seems to be the only one where this issue comes up.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:07 pm

As Ed mentioned, the XLS+ doesn't touch FSUIPC at all so as I mentioned this is System/OS related in some way... ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:33 am

No... something is crashing... but we don't know exactly what because we get a false crash report when something tries to access FSUIPC after the crash.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

adrzewiecki

Post by adrzewiecki » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:59 am

Ok, I suppose I'll just have to do some trial and error to determine what is causing the issue.

Thanks for the help

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:59 am

I'd love to be able to do more... but aside from FSUIPC... I don't have any of those apps.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]