XLS+ Some Initial Observations

Citation XLS+ Extrene G3 Support Forum
MCarter

Re: XLS+ Some Initial Observations

Post by MCarter » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:08 pm

WarpD wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:30 am
Are you talking about the tail's logo lighting?
That’s correct.

MCarter

Post by MCarter » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:08 pm

MCarter wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:21 am

6. I've encountered an error message with the FMS which I took a screenshot of. It occurred after entering the POS waypoint as seen in the screenshot.

With regard to this error message, I've encountered this a few times and it seems to occur when making changes to the flightplan. For example. I planned a flight from KBUF to KJFK using this route.

BUF1 GEE V14 BEEPS KODEY HNK IGN IGN9

The FMS was fully setup and initially I had rwy 14 selected for departure, but when this was changed to rwy 23 at the last minute, the same error message came up and FSX crashed.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:08 am

We will have people test that and see if they can reproduce it. Thank you for the information.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:10 am

MCarter wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:08 pm
With regard to this error message, I've encountered this a few times and it seems to occur when making changes to the flightplan. For example. I planned a flight from KBUF to KJFK using this route.

BUF1 GEE V14 BEEPS KODEY HNK IGN IGN9

The FMS was fully setup and initially I had rwy 14 selected for departure, but when this was changed to rwy 23 at the last minute, the same error message came up and FSX crashed.
The error with changing runways has been located and corrected. It will be addressed in a service update.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

MCarter

Post by MCarter » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Great. After another test, I've also realized that it occurs when replacing one waypoint in your flightplan with another. Let's say for example your flightplan shows ONE TWO THREE your next 3 waypoints. If I select waypoint THREE and I enter it in the place of waypoint TWO the error message comes up on occasion.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:59 am

MCarter wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:21 pm
Great. After another test, I've also realized that it occurs when replacing one waypoint in your flightplan with another. Let's say for example your flightplan shows ONE TWO THREE your next 3 waypoints. If I select waypoint THREE and I enter it in the place of waypoint TWO the error message comes up on occasion.
Need to clarify what you are talking about. Waypoints are on the flight plan page (FPLN). Legs are on the Legs page (LEGS). Where you were trying to do this?

Also... was this inside a procedure (SID, STAR, IAP)?
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

MCarter

Post by MCarter » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:05 pm

This is on the legs page. For example, If I'm flying from TGPY to TTPP using the route GND IMORO DUKLA POS and I go to the legs page, select DUKLA and enter it over IMORO the error message comes up. This doesn't occur all the time but it has happened several times. These aren't waypoints part of a procedure but they are often part of an airway.

MCarter

Post by MCarter » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:00 pm

Additionally, when making changes on the legs page such as putting a waypoint that’s already in the flightplan route in place of a vector entry, sometimes a portion of the flightplan will completely disappear on the legs page.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Vector entries are important parts of a procedure... you should not remove them. Also... the proper method is not to delete any waypoints but to make the desired waypoint active when it is needed.

In short, you're finding flaws by incorrect procedure. Thanks for the info... but we gotta work on your methodology a tad. :D

Keep in mind, without detailed steps to reproduce an issue... it's very difficult to get there.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

MCarter

Post by MCarter » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 am

WarpD wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:39 pm
Vector entries are important parts of a procedure... you should not remove them. Also... the proper method is not to delete any waypoints but to make the desired waypoint active when it is needed.

In short, you're finding flaws by incorrect procedure. Thanks for the info... but we gotta work on your methodology a tad. :D

Keep in mind, without detailed steps to reproduce an issue... it's very difficult to get there.
Unfortunately the “Boeing” way of doing things seem to creep in. If there are any real world XLS pilots on the test team, it might be helpful to have a few tutorial videos that cover the basics sometime in the future.

On another note. When the aircraft is loaded in FSX (usually I load a default aircraft first and then the XLS), all exterior lights are off even though the switches in the cockpit are in the on position. I would have to toggles the switches off and on again for the lights to show.

As you can see, I’ve been using this aircraft quite a bit and over time I’m noticing these little things. Despite that I love it so far. :D