XLS+ Initial Observations

Citation XLS+ Extrene G3 Support Forum
tredsell

XLS+ Initial Observations

Post by tredsell » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

First of all, its far prettier in the sim than the photos posted let on. While the font is not so easy to read on the PFD/MFD, the actual modelling is superb and texturing is very nice both inside and out

A couple of things I have noticed so far, are that the autopilot pitch and roll seems to lag quite a bit. Meaning the aircraft can speed up/slow down significantly before it captures FLC. But its very apparent that the FD is moving around and the aircraft is slow to react.

Secondly, is there any way you can change the FMS route keeping accuracy? I've noticed on tight turns that form part of procedures, the FMS commands next leg very early. Eg. flying the ILS RW20 approach to EGHI at SAM. On the outbound leg, the aircraft commanded a turn, showing the FAF as the next leg when overhead the airfield, meaning it turned towards the airfield when it actually still had 8nm to run to the next fix.

Anyways, very happy purchase so far, thanks guys.
Best Regards,
Tom Redsell

WarpD

Re: Initial Observations

Post by WarpD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Thank you for your post.

The autopilot is still being beaten into submission... so an update will be coming out regarding it in the near future.
As for the approach, It is an interesting approach and I will probably have to fly it a couple of times to see what's up with it. Thanks for the info.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

tredsell

Post by tredsell » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it. I’ve really enjoyed getting to grips with it this evening. It’s gonna be particularly stunning once it’s in V4.

Paint kit isn’t out yet is it? I’d love to get a UK reg painted. GRSXP is very similar to one of the paints included.
Best Regards,
Tom Redsell

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Will check on Paint Kit
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL