Problems with climbing after T/O

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
Herwald
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by Herwald » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 am

Hello,
i use W10 Boxed edition and purchased The CXG2 two weeks ago. I studied the tutorials and videos and was able to porgramm the FMC correctly and did several T/O. But always after T/O (in T/O detend) the aircraft is climbing extremly slow. I tried V/S,FLC and VNAV.(The values are set in the FMC) When the FLC is set to 190 KIAS the V/S goes down and when i choose V/S 2500 feet the speed goes down to nearly V1 in CLB detend. There is a yellow MSG-sign in the PFD, but i dont know how to open this message.
If you need further informations, contact me.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Herbert

User avatar
N400QW
Site Admin
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by N400QW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm

What does the message read?
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Image

TedStriker
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by TedStriker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:41 pm

I haven't flown the CX in awhile but I recall that the message should be in the CDU (where you input the flight plan). It sounds to me like you did not enter a target altitude in the altitude selector and perhaps also in the performance init.

Ted
Best Regards,
Ted Striker Beta Tester

Image

User avatar
N400QW
Site Admin
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:02 am
Location: Midwest
Contact:

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by N400QW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks Ted.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Image

Herwald
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by Herwald » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:06 am

TedStriker wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:41 pm
I haven't flown the CX in awhile but I recall that the message should be in the CDU (where you input the flight plan). It sounds to me like you did not enter a target altitude in the altitude selector and perhaps also in the performance init.

Ted
Hi Ted. Thanks for your answer. But i did exactly this- i set a target altitude in the altitude sector and i entered it in the performance init.
Herbert

Herwald
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by Herwald » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:10 am

N400QW wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:01 pm
What does the message read?
Hi Ronald, thanks for your reply. Thats the point- i don`t know how to open the message. In the lower right corner of the MFD is written MSG but there is no button to click for reading this message. i will try to find it in the CDU like Ted told next time i fly.
Regards Herbert

I just did a flight and i can`t find a MSG-Button in the CDU. I added a screenshot of my ND.
Regards Herbert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TedStriker
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by TedStriker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am

Herbert, I do not see the "msg" notice in your PFD picture. I may be getting the CX confused with other aircraft but I believe if you get that alert in the PFD the message will appear in the scratchpad of the CDU. You don't have to open anything, just look for it. I will need to fly the aircraft again to be sure.

With regards to your climb problem, it looks you are trying to climb in VFLC mode at a target climb rate of 250 kias. The problem is that you are only going 233 kias. You need to provide more thrust to increase your speed. Once the aircraft exceeds 250 knots it will begin to climb. Or you need to reduce your target climb speed to below 233 knots.

Ted
Best Regards,
Ted Striker Beta Tester

Image

WarpD
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by WarpD » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:12 am

Ok... when MSG shows on the PFD, it is telling you there is a message being displayed on the CDU.

As for performance, I would like to see both PFD and EICAS displays. Please make them larger, 250 pixels is smaller than the smallest CRT ever used for a PC.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Image

Herwald
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:18 am

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by Herwald » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:01 am

TedStriker wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am
Herbert, I do not see the "msg" notice in your PFD picture. I may be getting the CX confused with other aircraft but I believe if you get that alert in the PFD the message will appear in the scratchpad of the CDU. You don't have to open anything, just look for it. I will need to fly the aircraft again to be sure.

With regards to your climb problem, it looks you are trying to climb in VFLC mode at a target climb rate of 250 kias. The problem is that you are only going 233 kias. You need to provide more thrust to increase your speed. Once the aircraft exceeds 250 knots it will begin to climb. Or you need to reduce your target climb speed to below 233 knots.

Ted
The MSG appears in the CDU-Scratchpad- certainly i have guessed that as well myself. Thanks.
With regards to the slow climbing-last flight i climbed with FLC 190 and also in VFLC Mode with 200 knots and also with V/S 2400feet (in CLB-detend.) Always the the problem:Either very slow climbing or reduction of the speed down to nearly stallspeed. I comapred my situation with a YouTubetutorial with the same settings-in the Video the aircraft climbs normally, my AC needs minutes to reach 5000 feet. When i try to download another CXG2 from Eaglesoft it is a download from Flight1 and i can`t reinstall it. My very first download has an Eaglesoft-Icon.
Thanks for your anwer.
Regards Herbert

WarpD
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by WarpD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 am

I stated I need to see the EICAS and PFD during climb. Please provide that so that I can assist you properly.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Image

Post Reply