Citation X V2 and Throttles with FSUIPC

Generation Two Corporate Aviation Aircraft FSX Gold/FSX Steam/P3DV3
Petercove

Citation X V2 and Throttles with FSUIPC

Post by Petercove » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 am

My system Windows 10 64
FSX Steam
Other apps FSUIPC4, EZCA3,Active Sky Next, Ultimate Traffic Live. Orbx Scenery for various USA areas. All latest versions.
Thrustmaster Warthog Throttles and Joystick.
Saitek pedals.
Simconnect DLL version 10.0.62615.0

I have decided to use FSUIPC to map buttons/switches and axis for my FSX aircraft. So far all good with default Beech twin and Flysimware C441.
However I have come unstuck with the Citation X.
Can anyone give me a process to configure the throttles so they behave correctly from Idle to Max? I followed the same procedure in FSUIPC that I used for the other twin aircraft but the throttles dont move after clicking them out of the lock position.
So far
1. In FSUIPC Axis I have throttle 1 set and Throttle 2 set (no reversers)
2. I move the Citations throttle 1 to idle and go to FSUIPC joystick calibration and SET Idle. Move throttle to Max and SET Max.
3. Repeat for other throttle
4. Back to cockpit on moving the throttles they refuse to move.
As per FSUIPC instructions the FS Control box is unticked.
I would prefer to persist with FSUIPC as the FS Controls not consistent and would sometimes change settings between sim sessions.
Keen to sort this one,

Cheers

Peter

WarpD

Re: Citation X V2 and Throttles with FSUIPC

Post by WarpD » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

I have very little info regarding FSUIPC and throttles.

I can tell you that the sim uses AXIS_THROTTLE_SET, AXIS_THROTTLE1_SET and AXIS_THROTTLE2_SET to see/control throttle movement. If for any reason those axis don't exist in the sim then the Citation X FADEC doesn't work.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Petercove

Post by Petercove » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 pm

I assume I should look in the ESDG_CITATIONX.ini file for that? I feel something has got corrupted. Might be easier to uninstall and reinstall my Citation X.

Peter.

Petercove

Post by Petercove » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 am

HI
How can I confirm that the above throttle axis setting is correct in my Citation sim? I could find no mention in aircraft.cfg or the ESDG_CitationX.ini.
So far I have removed the software via control panel.
Reinstalled after redownloading it.
I have returned control of throttle 1 and 2 to the FS Control settings. I have succeeded in getting throttle one to behave itself but setting throttle two with the identical sensitivity and null settings do not give the same results and I have no control of that throttle. A slight movement and it shoots forward about half way. It is like something else is working it. However nothing else has control of the responsible axes. I checked all controllers.
I would to get the sim back to how it was but even reinstalling didnt help. I would appreciate any help you can give. I have spent hours chasing my tail on this one.

Peter

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm

If the second throttle appears to not behave based on your input, but your input makes it jerk... then there is something else also taking "control" of that input.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Petercove

Post by Petercove » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 am

Thanks Ed,
Your response gave me the idea to remove FSUIPC from FSX to see if that would help. On doing that and rebooting into FSX....ta da throttles work as normal.

Hopefully someone at FSUIPC support can give me some idea why their module would stuff up the Citation X throttles big time. I had followed the instructions as written in the manual including untick FS Controls. Surely that would mean FS axis controls would not interfere with FSUIPC axis controls.

Ah well at least we found the culprit.
Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Peter