problems with instalation and aircraft. HELP

Generation Two Corporate Aviation Aircraft FSX Gold/FSX Steam/P3DV3
rovari

problems with instalation and aircraft. HELP

Post by rovari » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:34 am

Dear friends.
I have purchased the Cessna Citation X but I cannot fly it. I have seen several youtube films regarding the procedures to start up engines and avionics but they remain ALWAYS black. The 5 displays remain black even if when the engines are on. BLACK BLACK.
Another odd thing is I cannot see the cockpit in 2D. When trying to pass to 2D i get a CTD. The simulatior disapears without any notice.
I used to fly this bird LONG AGO (more than 10 years ago) I remember that it was quite easy to fly, now........ I am getting desperate.
I have P3D V3.4 and W7.
I fly with Airbus of Aerosoft and no problems at all.
I would like to point out the following things:
1) I am not very familiar with informatic things. I am an old man.
2) I am not an english mother tongue person. I speak Spanish and also Italian
Thanks for your help and your understanding.
Rick

WarpD

Re: problems with instalation and aircraft. HELP

Post by WarpD » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:02 am

Your english is good.

There is a DLL.XML file on your computer in the "%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" folder. Please post it's contents here so I can see that it is ok.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

rovari

Post by rovari » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:22 am

Thanks very much for your reply. Following the link you suggested me (C:\Users\Riccardo\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) i have found several XML Documents, amongst them there was DLL.XML which is being displayed below. I hope this can help. Thanks a lot-
Rick

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 am

Based on the content of your DLL.XML file I suspect you did not run the Flight1 wrapper as admin or you have an extremely aggressive anti-virus or both. You need to run the Flight1 wrapper as admin, chose to reinstall (not purchase again).
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

samashepak

Post by samashepak » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 am

Mine is in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3". Has something changed?
Thanks,
Sam Ashepak

rovari

Post by rovari » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 am

WarpD wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 am
Based on the content of your DLL.XML file I suspect you did not run the Flight1 wrapper as admin or you have an extremely aggressive anti-virus or both. You need to run the Flight1 wrapper as admin, chose to reinstall (not purchase again).
Thanks for your reply. I didnt have any idea about the existance of this Flight1 wrapper. I have purchased the aircraft and i have dowloaded the file which i have installed in my pc. I will unisnstalled it and I will install it again swing this wrapper this time.
What didnt I see this way of installation? I suppose i need to teach myself how it works. Its always complicated...
I am out of my city now so i cannot do it but i will do it as soon as i am back.
I will keep you informed.
Thanks
Rick :roll:

rovari

Post by rovari » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:53 am

rovari wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:12 am
WarpD wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 am
Thanks for your reply. I didnt have any idea about the existance of this Flight1 wrapper. I have purchased the aircraft and i have dowloaded the file which i have installed in my pc. I will unisnstalled it and I will install it again swing this wrapper this time.
What didnt I see this way of installation? I suppose i need to teach myself how it works. Its always complicated...
I am out of my city now so i cannot do it but i will do it as soon as i am back.
I will keep you informed.
Thanks
Rick :roll:
I cold not finde the .exe file that install the cessna citation x in my pc. Could you please indicate the link.? I have sean lots of aircrafts but nothing related to the cessna citation x.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Use the download link from here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/cxG2.htm
Then go here and see this is a simple process to reinstall: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=wrapperinfo
Finally, read the readme file as to the Steam installation path:

Prior to Installation/Reinstallation and/or Activation/Reactivation Routines, users must follow these guidlines for successful operation.

1. All 3rd Party AV Software and Windows Security Essentials MUST be temporarily disabled for the brief time required for Installation/Reinstallation Routine to complete.

2. When the Choose Directory Window appears, click the three dot Grey Button on the right side of the Directory Window.

3. Navigate to and select yout Platform Path. When the Platform Path appears in the Directory Window, choose Next Button to begin the Install Routine.

Default Sim Platform Paths:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Sorry but here is P3DV3 path C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

rovari

Post by rovari » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 am

The path indicates FSX. I have P3D V3. Its the same ?

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:07 am

Do you know where you installed Prepar3D? That is the path you need.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]