Citation X V2 - Buttons/Switches not all working

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
qdemps

Citation X V2 - Buttons/Switches not all working

Post by qdemps » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Team,

I recently purchased Eaglesoft Citation X V2 and installed the software to execute with FSX-STEAM. Upon completion of the installation I am able to bring up the aircraft within FSX-STEAM however it appears that only a few of the buttons/switches are interactive via the mouse and the same issues are occurring within all cockpit views.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: Citation X V2 - Buttons/Switches not all working

Post by N400QW » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Please read and comply... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

qdemps

Post by qdemps » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Here's additional information:

Windows-10 Operating System
FSX-STEAM (Downloaded from site)
EagleSoft Citation X (Downloaded from site)
Logitech 3D Joy Stick

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 am

You will need to be more detailed. Since there is nothing that should prevent their use, what buttons/switches are you unable to manipulate?
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

qdemps

Post by qdemps » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 am

HI Ed,

Thanks for the reply. Please see below.

Master Battery Switch (Unable to switch on/off)
Second Batery Switch (Unable to switch on/off)
Generator - <APU Panel> (Unable to switch on/off)
Bleed Air MAX. Cool - <APU Panel> (Unable to switch on/off)
APU Master Switch/Start Switch (Unable to switch on/off)
EICAS Switch (Unable to switch on/off)
IRIS knobs (Unable to turn)

Yoke (Works)
Left/Right Emergency Store switches (Works)
Oxgen knob (Works)

I am not sure if adidtional information is needed; I have not documented the entire list.

As an additional note, when the aircraft is initialized within FSX-STEAM at the Gate or Runway all MFD's display "EagleSoft Development Group" and not a just a black screen. In addition, both FMS's appear to have door like covers on them; thus they are not visible at all. I am not sure if that's a clue as to what the issue is.

samashepak

Post by samashepak » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:09 am

I am not at home to be able to look at my folders but in your fsx/gauges folder should be a hypergauge.dll and in your program data/fsx folder should be a dll.xml with the path pointing to your hypergauge.dll within your gauges folder. I hope this helps you in some way.
Thanks,
Sam Ashepak

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:04 am

Your description indicates that W10 or other security software has blocked, corrupted, or perhaps quarantined your CX750X.lic file which is located in C:Eaglesoft Development Group.

Solution is to Uninstall via Windows Control Panel followed by a proper reinstall routine with all AV and Windows security settings disabled for the brief period of re installation then re enabled. ;)

W10: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

qdemps

Post by qdemps » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:31 am

Okay,

There was a HyperGauge.dll located in the C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplane\Modules folder but not in the C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplane\Gauges folder so I copied the HyperGauge.dll into the Airplane\Gauges folder.

There are several DLL.XML files at the following locations:

C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\
C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\
C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\config\
C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\
C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ConfigData\AppData\

In reviewing all of the DLL.XML files none are pointing to the HyperGauge.dll file.

qdemps

Post by qdemps » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 am

Hi Ronald,

Sounds like a plan. I will uninstall via the Windows Control Panel, tempoarily disable the anti-virus tool and reinstall. I will post back with the results. Thanks.

qdemps

Post by qdemps » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

I completed all steps outlined above (Uninstalled, Anti-Virus disabled, Reinstalled, Re-activated) and it appears that I am experiencing the same problem. Below are a few observations that I noticed during the reinstall process:

1) The CX750.lic is located in the C:\Windows and not within the C:\EagleSoft Development Group Folder; not sure if that matters.
2) The install program created the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjests\Airplanes\SimObjects\Airplanes\Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0
\
followed by the Citation X Aircraft sub-folders and files. It seems to have created a second SimObjects folder and placed the aircraft
sub-folders and files within the newly created folder.

Of course FSX-Steam did not recognize the aircraft within the "Free Flight" section. I copied the "Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0\sub-folders and files" to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjests\Airplanes folders and FSX-Steam recognized the aircraft and made it available for selection within the "Free Flight" section.

Any Ideas?