CX20 No FMS Guidance

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
Stewie

CX20 No FMS Guidance

Post by Stewie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Greetings group, I have an issue with FMS nav source for the Citation X 2.0. Recently I saw where ESDG released a multi-install platform and that it worked in P3DV3 (3.4 in my case) So I installed it, everything went fine, no issues initially. I updated FMS navdata via Navigraph (interestingly, the Navigraph menu lists ESDG as "tool" rather than "P3D") but the FMS updated, shows cycle 1803. Load the fltplan and the routing displays on the MFD, the points in the box are all there. However, when you switch nav source to FMS via the panel above the PFD, there's no needle displayed. The PFD and MFD say FMS in magenta, but there's no needle in the PFD compass rose. Switch back to VOR and the green needle is there, both VOR and ILS work fine.

To test with FMS as nav source, I hit NAV on the autopilot and, initially, the plane turned to track the course and will follow it, more or less. The problem there is that, at random, the waypoints stop sequencing from the FMS and once that happens, the plane just follows along on whatever heading it was it at before. So, there's clearly a problem somewhere. I hope this is fixable because I truly love this plane, despite its age its still one of the best around.

I'm running P3DV3.4, Windows 7.1 pro, Intel i7 - 6700K @ 4.0GHz (not clocked), 16 MB RAM, P3D runs on a separate internal SSD

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: No FMS guidance magenta needle missing

Post by N400QW » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:08 am

Hmm we need the PLN and if and what airport/scenery is used please.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Stewie

Post by Stewie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 am

PLN? You mean the flight plan? I apologize in advance, I'm a computer user, not a 0 & 1 guy in any way.

Flight was from KBUF to KFLL. KBUF is FlyTampa, KFLL is FSDT. Flight plan waypoints were entered manually. As a test I did another simple flight from KBUF to KJHW (default scenery) and same issue. Please see fltplan route below.

KBUF PSB J61 HUBBS J55 HPW J191 ILM AR15 METTA AR17 BAHAA AR21 CRANS FISEL7.CRANS KFLL

I keep wondering about Navigraph -- why does it show Eaglesoft as a "tool" instead of labeling it "P33" like it does all my other updatable aircraft (PMDG, Majestic, QW etc)? The FMS did update, just dunno why Navigraph labels it that way.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Did you do the following:

1 - Close the flight plan in the FMS.
2 - Do PERF INIT.
3 - Do TAKEOFF INIT.

WIthout those three, you will get no guidance from the FMS system.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Stewie wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:50 am
PLN? You mean the flight plan?

I keep wondering about Navigraph -- why does it show Eaglesoft as a "tool" instead of labeling it "P33" like it does all my other updatable aircraft? The FMS did update, just dunno why Navigraph labels it that way.
We don't know either... :?

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Stewie

Post by Stewie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:35 am

Problem solved.

Full discloser, I'm a real world jet Captain (G200 based in Thailand) and I've flown Collins Proline for two decades. Less familiar with Honeywell and one difference is that with Collins, once you enter airports of departure and arrival, you scratchpad your points & airways and that's it - flight plan complete. With Honeywell, even though you enter arrival airport, the flight plan is not complete or "closed" until you enter it again in the ~via-to~ LSK as the last point in the plan. Once I did that, voila ~ magenta needles. Interestingly, the FMS no longer wants to generate V speed for take off (page 2 of 2 is blank) but that's not a biggie, I have a chart and can put them in manually.
Anyway, all resolved - thanks so much!

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

There is not a page two of two for calculation V-Speeds. V-Speeds comes from the TAKEOFF INIT process which has 3 pages. It also requires that you have selected a runway for takeoff and have done the PERF INIT prior.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]