Need Help w/CitationX.ini

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
rstratman

Need Help w/CitationX.ini

Post by rstratman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Happy Holidays To One and All,

I had some time on my hands and looking to do some keyboard mappings for some buttons and switches in the Citation X.

So I have read all available documentation, and have yet to get a single mapping to work that I have setup in the ESDG_CitationX.ini file.

I pulled the assignment definitions from the PDF "Citation X ini update.pdf" and put them in the above referenced INI file.

My question is has anyone gotten this to work?

Thanks

Rick S.

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: Need Help w/CitationX.ini

Post by N400QW » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:27 pm

See these notes: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55
2. Covers the area you are interested in...
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Re: Need Help w/ESDG_CitationX.ini

Post by WarpD » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Those entries are no longer supported by the X.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

rstratman

Post by rstratman » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:05 am

Good Morning,

Thanks for the quick replies, and I see the section of the update which clearly shows this is portion of the INI is no longer supported.

What I am trying to do is map external buttons/switches to button and switches in the Virtual Cockpit, so I can minimize my mouse usage.

I have full version of the FSUCIP and tried a couple of combinations items but nothing I tried would work that was related to the battery or alternator items.

The update I was pointed to refers to "All defined control commands contained now use what are referred to as custom events", is there any documentation of mappings of these custom events where I can program the FSUCIP to send codes to trigger custom events?

Thanks

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Ok... more detail please.

What switches/knobs/etc are you wanting to map and if this is to external hardware, what type? FSUIPC wouldn't be my choice, and I don't even know if it supports custom SimConnect events at all.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

aua668

Post by aua668 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 am

Hi,

As you own FSUIPC, you could look at the mouse macros. They work well for the Citation X. The only drawback: If ES releases a new version/hotfix of this fine bird, you have to recreate the mouse macros from scratch, as the hook addresses change.

The event stuff I was not able to get it working with FSUIPC, although FSUIPC should support this type of interface. I was not able to find out, if I did something wrong (most probably the case) or if either FSUIPC or the implementation at ES or any other component is not working as expected.

But with mouse macros you are fine to go.

Rgds
Reinhard

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:29 am

Or you could tell me the specifics of what you're trying to do and I can maybe give you what you need? But without the details, I'm stuck waiting.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

aua668

Re: Need Help w/ESDG_CitationX.ini

Post by aua668 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 am

Dear Ed,

One question to the custom events, which now have replaced the old mapping via the INI file: Normally custom events according to the SDK documentation contain at least one "." (full stop) in their name, so that they can be distingiushed from the standard events, which never contain any "."

Your names of the vents don't contain any full stops - correct? I think, that's why FSUIPC does not identify them as custom events, when someone reference them via the name in the *.evt files.

DodoSim for example prefixes all their custom events with an "DODOSIM206FSX." (Example: "DODOSIM206FSX.TAXI_LIGHT_SWITCH_SET")
By that it's easy to reference them via FSUIPC directly with the name and you are able to assign these functions directly to buttons.

I understand, that alternatively someone can reference the ID also via the hex Id (#0xnnnnn) as I found in the SDK. This obviously does not work at the moment with FSUIPC.

Is there a chance, that you change this for the upcoming new versions. You could prefix these events with "ESDG." and everything would be much easier for the users.

Best regards
Reinhard

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:19 pm

I am uncertain that this is a simple process, nor am I convinced it is a good approach.

SPAD.next supports custom ID values that are numeric and works with all of the Saitek hardware as well.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Hard to please everyone but, a good faith effort to support the SPAD.next and Saitek Hardware is the likely limit of what we will do at this time. :geek:
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL