SR22 issue with FSX

Cirrus SR22G2 G2 Support Forum
franky60

SR22 issue with FSX

Post by franky60 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello,
I have bought SR22 few days ago and I have an issue with the SR22 aircraft in FSX. When I load your aircraft with FSX , it's very slow and once the aicraft is loaded (after 10mn) if I press a key in the menu for exemple, it is very slow to load as well so I have to close FSX!
Only your aircraft do it so can you help me?
sincerely,
Franck Moriere

windows 10
FSX
Nvidia GTX1060

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: SR22 issue with FSX

Post by N400QW » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Most of this is W10 related as the SR22 runs great on our W10 test rig. See here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WingedSix

Post by WingedSix » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am

Hello,

I have similar issues after downloading. I am using W10 and Steam Edition of FSX. I have attempted to follow the procedure in the topic you have highlighted but I cannot seem to find the path the user describes. Can you help with how to make the change the user recommends?

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:40 am

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX: Is the Steam installation path. Unsure of your other question but will gladly help upon return from my granddaughters Christmas Program. ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WingedSix

Post by WingedSix » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello again,

My "other question" is about this post you recommended:

"We suggest that all Win 10 Users have a close look with full attention to the following: A user wrote:
"I had a similar issue with windows 10. Noticed Windows Problem Reporting popping up in task manger. Turned it OFF. Issue went away."
"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Reporting Settings - Never check for solutions."
Update! Same user now reports that ALL ES Aircraft work well under Win10 when the above precautions are taken!"

ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

The reference is to W10 "problem reporting" popping up in the Windows Task Manager.
His solution followed with the path to the setting to turn OFF by telling it to "Never check for solutions."

This is unique for W10 users as that OS is notorious for overactive "security settings".
This is also the reason for the caveat that users "retake control of their own OS."
Note: His path in red in the original FAQs post here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am

We cannot "be there" to assist with your OS which is the culprit here. This something only you can do with your OS.

We suggest that all Win 10 Users have a close look with full attention to the following: A user wrote:
"I had a similar issue with windows 10. Noticed Windows Problem Reporting popping up in task manger. Turned it OFF. Issue went away."
"Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Reporting Settings - Never check for solutions."

Follow the path above in red and tell your OS to "Never check for solutions."

We need to know more about your hardware. Is this a laptop with little graphical power?
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WingedSix

Post by WingedSix » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Hey Again,

I have accomplished the items in red and still have the issue.

Yes, it is a laptop running Windows 10 Home. I am not sure about the "graphical power" but I do know that all the other aircraft in FSX work properly.

Thanks

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Unfortunately we have success following the W10 outline listed on our marginal W10 test rig while you folks do not. If you are unable to cause your OS to run in an acceptable manner there is little we can do from here past what is posted and the W10 links at bottom of the FAQs page for W10 users.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

chasndav04

Post by chasndav04 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

I have solved this (on my system anyway)....

Go to this troubleshooter:

https://superuser.com/questions/950997/ ... ws-10-home

Follow the instructions for making changes to the registry and the SR22 will begin working in FSXSE with no hiccups. I run on Win 10 Home edition and this worked for me. FYI I first tried what was suggested on this troubleshooter to go into services.msc and I tried first stopping and then disabling Windows error reporting but it had no effect as evidenced by the fact that even after doing those things when I went to:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Maintenance

"check for solutions to problems reports" still showed as "on". Only after making the change to the registry did it show as "off" (and the Eaglesoft SR22 began working correctly in FSXSE).

Hope this works for you as well!!