CXG2 TCAS - How to turn on?

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
johnflightsim

CXG2 TCAS - How to turn on?

Post by johnflightsim » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi Team,

I just bought the citation x 2.0 for p3d. I bought it for one sole purpose - to get a plane that has tcas that works in VATSIM.

I have the plane loaded up, engines on. I see it states on the display "TCAS off". How do I turn it on?

Regards,
-John

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 TCAS - How to turn on?

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Read this and respond please: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40
So you now have screens alive? Looked at your C:\Eaglesoft Development Group\Eaglesoft\CX20_Documents\Controller Manual?
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

johnflightsim

Post by johnflightsim » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for your reply.

Was hoping you could please tell me the steps to get tcas to work, but yet I will try going to the document you wrote of.

When I am in that document I see for tcas it states --> "TCAS – Pushing the TCAS button displays TCAS information in the MFD window area."

I did press this tcas button, multiple times and the display on the screen of "tcas off" remains. It never changes. It constantly states "tcas off".

If you can please tell me how to turn it on, then I will appreciate that. Thanks for the support so far.

Regards,
-John

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:21 pm

P. 24 of the CX20-Primus RMU850 RII Radio System.pdf mentions TCAS modes.
The CX20 EFIS Manual.pdf mentions the middle button for toggling Terrain/TCAS in MFD.

Had to review the steps myself. It's not a default plane so reading is required. ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

johnflightsim

Post by johnflightsim » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Hi Team,

I figured how to get the tcas working. I really wished someone could of just simply stated the simple steps to do this. The steps are simple, but there is no online video nor pdf that shows this. I spent hours trying to figure this out. Apologies if I am misunderstanding what this support could of provided me.

I really hope no future customer of yours agonizes over how to use this tcas detail as I did. Really think it would be beneficial to have a tutorial or a clear step by step laid out for users to help them.

Appreciate the replies though you did reply on.

Regards,
-John

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Reallly agony to peruse a couple of docs for cockpit familiarization? We fail to understand that view. If real world, we know you would have to study the materials before continuing. Point taken for future videos.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL