Blank Screens after Reinstall

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
carlt2000

Re: Blank Screens after Reinstall

Post by carlt2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:36 pm

WarpD wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:18 am
Look, it's really simple. The gauge isn't being loaded, at all. That means the installation is incorrect. Verify there is an ESDG_CitaitonX.gau file in your sim's Gauges folder. Also verify there is a HyperGauge.dll in your sim's Modules folder.
Yeah, it probably is really simple, but that's why I'm here asking for help, because in the 6 years I've owned this aircraft I've never had this issue. On every other website that someone asks questions about an Eaglesoft product you guys attack them and say "go to our support forum for help". Well here I am, asking for help.

It very well may be something related to my machine, or maybe not. So far, I've done everything I'm suppose to do and have been asked to do.

I verified that the ESDG_CitationX.gau file is in the sim's gauge folder and the Hypergauge.dll file is in the modules folder.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Ok, there is no public or private attacking going on. We asked if you downloaded a fresh copy and I'm still unclear if that happened.
Did you obtain a fresh file? Did it work or do we need to dig deeper?

The gauge isn't loading, you state it used too. We acknowledged something is wrong with either your OS/Machine or a corrupted installation.
Now we need to hear your best guess as to what has changed since it last worked for you. :?
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

carlt2000

Post by carlt2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:34 pm

N400QW wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:50 pm
Ok, there is no public or private attacking going on. We asked if you downloaded a fresh copy and I'm still unclear if that happened.
Did you obtain a fresh file? Did it work or do we need to dig deeper?

The gauge isn't loading, you state it used too. We acknowledged something is wrong with either your OS/Machine or a corrupted installation.
Now we need to hear your best guess as to what has changed since it last worked for you. :?
I have been primarily using P3d v4 for flight simming. I hadn't been very happy with the way v3 was running, so I uninstalled it and re-installed P3d v3.4.22.19868.

I loaded Orbx FTX Global and a couple of their regions. I then went to Eaglesoft's website and downloaded a fresh version of the Citation X, which I mentioned previously in my 3rd reply on this thread.

The way the panels are acting to me, it's as if it were being used in the wrong sim version, where nothing works.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am

P3DV3: 3.4.22.19868 is the exact build I run on a W7 64 Bit OS which is trouble free.
Note: the CX installs/loads to the following P3DV3 path and is trouble free.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

As WarpD stated, the gauge is NOT loaded on your system and that points to a bad install/load on your machine.
What else has changed?

PS:
WarpD wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:18 am
Look, it's really simple. Verify there is an ESDG_CitationX.gau file in your sim's Gauges folder.
Also verify there is a HyperGauge.dll in your sim's Modules folder.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Ok... each addon aircraft has a panel.cfg file. In the panel.cfg file are entries that tell the sim what gauge(s) to load into that panel. The only way the gauges don't load is if they're not there, or you're trying to load 32bit gauges into a 64bit sim.

So... you have something honestly wrong with your system, either the install or your OS or a combination of. It is possible that the only way this is going to get fixed is by a remote support session. This is where I use software to gain access to your computer and take a look at what is going on. You would need to be present at the time.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

carlt2000

Post by carlt2000 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 am

I've exhausted all of the suggestions you guys have made, I'm not sure what else to do. If I can't get it to work it's not the end of the world, I can always wait until your v3/v4 aircraft's are released.

If you don't mind taking the time to connect to my pc I would greatly appreciate that, I'm assuming teamviewer?

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:50 pm

TeamViewer version 7.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Flyboy1988

Post by Flyboy1988 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:21 pm

I recently purchased (Nov 3rd, 2018) Eaglesoft - Citation X v2 for FSX & P3D. I installed it as an administrator with the UAC disabled.

Here are the specifics:

1. FSX Boxed
2. Windows 7 64bit
3. Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro (USB)
4. N/A
5, Third Party Software/Versions - None

I am having the same issue as stated above: When loading up the aircraft all of the display screens say "Eaglesoft Development Group" and no buttons/switches are working. Also, the FMS controllers appear to have doors on them.

What do I need to do in order to get the panel and FMS functioning properly?

Thanks!!

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Did either of you download/purchase from our site or another? Please state which.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Flyboy1988

Post by Flyboy1988 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:07 pm

I purchased mine from fspilotshop.