CXG2 Blank Screens

Citation X Extreme 2.0 Support Forum
Endeavor384

CXG2 Blank Screens

Post by Endeavor384 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 pm

I recently had to reinstall P3DV3 due to some issues and their recommendation was to do a clean reinstall. Just to ensure I had new aircraft working fine with new install, I had uninstalled all of my aircraft prior to the P3DV3 uninstall and knew I would have to reinstall them.

I downloaded from SimMarket the citation x 750 extreme v2.0. I ensured to install with the "run as admin" option. I re-activated the plane on the last option during install. I then downloaded the citation x2.0 update 3.07 PDF because initially I was receiving the hyperguage.dll error. That was resolved with the CX2.0 with P3DV3 Vital Requirements DLL.XML coding added. That corrected that issue between the two; run as admin and the DLL.XML update. Now upon launching the plane in P3DV3 the screens are blank. I ensured the EICAS is in the full up position, AVN and the stby power switch was on too by being in the full up position.

Hardware:
Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6
8GB Ram
64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Software:
P3DV3
Eaglesoft Citation X w/ hyperlink dll.xml update
Rex with soft clouds

Pre-forum issues, I did find the following but unsure of what the fix was for those.

avsim post:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4841 ... lp-needed/

The resolution links however no longer exist which is unfortunate but I'm hopeful someone can recall what they may have done when this occurred to them.

Thanks in advance

Mark Carter
Attachments
citation x.png
citation x.png (204.28 KiB) Viewed 253 times

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 Blank Screens

Post by N400QW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Endeavor384 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 pm

I then downloaded the citation x2.0 update 3.07 PDF because initially I was receiving the hyperguage.dll error. That was resolved with the CX2.0 with P3DV3 Vital Requirements DLL.XML coding added. That corrected that issue between the two; run as admin and the DLL.XML update.

Now upon launching the plane in P3DV3 the screens are blank. I ensured the EICAS is in the full up position, AVN and the stby power switch was on too by being in the full up position.

Software:
P3DV3
Eaglesoft Citation X w/ hyperlink dll.xml update
Rex with soft clouds

Pre-forum issues, I did find the following but unsure of what the fix was for those.

The resolution links however no longer exist which is unfortunate but I'm hopeful someone can recall what they may have done when this occurred to them.

Thanks in advance

Mark Carter
Where did you download the 3.07 pdf?
3.02.11 superceeds 3.07 and does the proper dll.xml edits upon first run of the aircraft.

Go to: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and select the xml.dll file and send us a copy.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 am

Hi Ronald,

When I just google "Citation X hyperguage" it gives me as the first page, http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/downloads/CX ... 203.07.pdf

XML File as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Mindstar Hypergauge</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\HyperGauge.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>TargetInfo</Name>
<Path>Gauges\TargetInfo.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Fury_1500</Name>
<Path>Gauges\Fury_1500.dll</Path>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Thanks
Mark

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:05 am

This mine from P3DV3 3.02.11 and edited for using REX WR. Be sure you have latest download and run reinstall routine. Reboot and check xml.dll again.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>
-<SimBase.Document id="dll" version="3,0" Type="AceXML">
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>TargetInfo</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Fury_1500</Name>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Mindstar Hypergauge</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\HyperGauge.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>WXAdvantage</Name>
<Path>Modules\MV_WXM.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>WXAdvantage</Name>
<Path>Modules\MV_WXM.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Ronald

I tried using your xml file for the heck of it and still no luck.

Unless SimMarket doesn't have the latest download stuff, then I would of assumed that I had the latest to begin with. I'm uncertain if there is maybe a way to check that?

Just being unfamiliar with this from a technical design, I'm guessing your thought is the issue is somewhere with the xml file?

Thanks , Mark

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:57 pm

SM does have most recent 3.03.11 version for redownload which is probably more recent than yours.
Note: Proper reinstallation and proper first run in sim will yield non blank screens. We know, we tested before release.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm

I did my re-install from SM just when I started seeing this issue. So 2 days ago, logged into my account and downloaded from their site. So if they have the most recent, I would have downloaded the most recent version as of 2 days ago. I do typically save my downloads in my 2nd partition, but in this case, I did go to the site and downloaded straight from there a new copy.

I guess to just be crystal clear, this is what I did.
~I did control panel > citation > uninstall
~(other add-ons the same)

~Then I did the comprehensive uninstall of P3DV3, and reinstall.
~Logged into SM, went to my orders, did new download of EAGLESOFT - CITATION X EXTREME 2.0 FSX P3D. Did "run as admin" for the setup exe.
~After install and re-activation, Initially I was seeing the hyperguage error message, so I updated the xml file and no logner see that issue.
~Blank screen still occurring.

Please help me, what or where did I go wrong? I'm just not sure what you're meaning when you say the redownload is probably more recent than mine, if I a brand new download just 2 days ago. I don't have an objection to doing the uninstall again, and going back to simmarket to do another download. If I do that, I'm just wanting to confirm how I need to do it differently. Do I need to remove the add on part from the XML file that the doc I used said to add to get rid of the hyperguage error too?

Thanks in advance
Mark

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Endeavor384 wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:06 pm
I did my re-install from SM just when I started seeing this issue. So 2 days ago, logged into my account and downloaded from their site. So if they have the most recent, I would have downloaded the most recent version as of 2 days ago. I do typically save my downloads in my 2nd partition, but in this case, I did go to the site and downloaded straight from there a new copy.

I guess to just be crystal clear, this is what I did.
~I did control panel > citation > uninstall
~(other add-ons the same)

~Then I did the comprehensive uninstall of P3DV3, and reinstall.
~Logged into SM, went to my orders, did new download of EAGLESOFT - CITATION X EXTREME 2.0 FSX P3D. Did "run as admin" for the setup exe.
~After install and re-activation, Initially I was seeing the hyperguage error message, so I updated the xml file and no logner see that issue.
~Blank screen still occurring.

Please help me, what or where did I go wrong? I'm just not sure what you're meaning when you say the redownload is probably more recent than mine, if I a brand new download just 2 days ago. I don't have an objection to doing the uninstall again, and going back to simmarket to do another download. If I do that, I'm just wanting to confirm how I need to do it differently. Do I need to remove the add on part from the XML file that the doc I used said to add to get rid of the hyperguage error too?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Mark get rid of/or rename all dll.xml files in the path: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. and the path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. DO NOT EDIT any new dll.xml files after reinstall.

Uninstall, then carefully reinstall w/AV disabled. Run the simulator,select the CX and ignore any warnings. Exit and restart sim and CX. Then report back.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Alright, I did the following:

~I put a "zz" in front of the dll naming in both of the file locations you put in below.
~I then uninstalled citation through control panel > uninstall >
~AV disabled
~SimMarket > downloads > new download of citation
~installed with the "run as admin" selected
~activated reg
~launched P3DV3, selected citation 800ES. I did not receive hypergauge error this time.
~closed flight, exited P3D
~launched P3D, selected citation 800ES again

Still black screens. my FMC's are there and displaying the NAV IDENT initial load page, but no PFD or MFD display still.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

dll.xml file is as seen below, as installed with no edits.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>TargetInfo</Name>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Fury_1500</Name>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Mark

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Ok now we are getting somewhere. NDB 3.03.11 showing in FMS?

Kneeboard Checklists complete?

Left Tilt Standby Pwr ON?

IRS Initialization complete?
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL