CXG2 HyperGauge Error

Citation X Extreme G2 Knowledgebase
Juergen2

CXG2 HyperGauge Error

Post by Juergen2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:12 am

Hi, Recently I have some strange problems occurring; e.g. this error on start up of FSX_SE:
If I press NO, as the error recommends all monitors remain dark/black. If I press YES, it seems to work!

Question:
How can I eliminate this error from showing up?

Thanks for help
Brgds
Juergen Mader

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 HyperGauge Error

Post by N400QW » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:19 pm

FSX requires users to state yes/no to trust a new gauge upon first load. If bypassed or No the message continues, if Yes then the warning goes away. ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Juergen2

Post by Juergen2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi Ron,
Just strange that the error never occured before (installed since August).
However, after I answered YES (to run the software), the error has disappeared.
Thanks
Brgds
Juergen Mader

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Thanks ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

JLord713

Post by JLord713 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:25 am

I have this same issue with hypergauge. Initially, FSX was crashing straight back to desktop without loading. I found this posted on another thread and complied with the instructions:

"I know it's oh so easy to blame Hypergauge... but the truth is... it's Microsoft that has done this. Try the following:

Locate the entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers"
Find the value that contains "fsx.exe".
See if it has an entry for IgnoreFreeLibrary <HyperGauge.dll> in it. If so... delete the value.

Best Regards,
Ed Wilson"

It seems to be effective in preventing crashes every time, but I still get the error and crashes intermittently. On the thread from which I was quoting above, Eaglesoft advised the user to run the reinstall routine and report back. I didn't see any other comments from users regarding a solution. I have run the reinstall routine and still have the issue. Eaglesoft didn't post any additional instructions or solution.

Would Eaglesoft please address this issue (i.e. what is causing it, and what I can do to prevent it?) To others on the forum, if you would kindly post any ideas you have I would appreciate it. Thanks!
FSX Gold Boxed; Windows 10 64bit; CH Flightstick Pro and Pro Pedals; Aerosoft PFPX

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Why not perform the Reg Edit as advised? :o
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

JLord713

Post by JLord713 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Sorry I thought it was clear that I had used the regedit when I stated "I still get the error and crashes intermittently." :roll:

So back to the question I asked: any ideas what's causing hypergauge to crash and what I can do to prevent it permanently? Thanks in advance for actually addressing my questions! :o
FSX Gold Boxed; Windows 10 64bit; CH Flightstick Pro and Pro Pedals; Aerosoft PFPX

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:19 pm

How do you know Hypergauge is crashing? While you might think I'm asking the obvious... I want you to provide definitive information regarding the crashes... and toss the attitude out... no need for an attitude.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

JLord713

Post by JLord713 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:02 am

I know hypergauge is crashing because FSX is telling me so. Almost every time I start FSX and while the splash screen is up, I get a dialog box indicating a problem with "hypergauge.dll" and a choice to run it: "YES" or "NO" If I click "YES" about 50% of the time it kicks me out of FSX back to my desktop screen. If I click "NO" it loads fine. However if I load the Citation X, I have no PFD or MFD; black screens. To clarify, the dialog box isn't asking me to "trust" the dll. It's telling me there is a problem with it.

The other user who posted about this on another thread in this forum said he used the regedit fix and the problem eventually returned. There are no additional comments about it afterwards. So this is where I am: I've read all comments regarding the issue. I've implemented the Regedit fix that Mr. Wilson recommends, and I'm still experiencing the issue.

Are there any other ideas you can recommend? I really like the aircraft, but I will have to ask for a refund if technical issues persist. Thanks!

p.s. Mr. Hamilton replied to my post with a question that was obviously answered in my post. i didn't intend attitude at all. I intended saracasm! :D

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 am

First, I am Ed Wilson... I know about my own posts.

Second, the entry I posted about, you can confirm it is not in your registry any longer? When you run the sim, you run it in admin mode? I presume you are running FSX Steam Edition as I am unaware of this ever happening with the Microsoft version. The fact that every time you run FSX it complains about HyperGauge tells me it is not remembering any choice you have made regarding the DLL. Locate your fsx.cfg file, open it... find the Trusted section and remove any and all entries in that section for Hypergauge.dll. Then ensure you do not have the entry in your registry. WIth all that done, run FSX as administrator... tell it you want to run HyperGauge.DLL if it asks.

As for sarcasm... you would do well to keep it to yourself.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]