Screens go blank and battery switch stops working

Citation CJ1+ Extreme G2 Support Forum
PauLL62

Screens go blank and battery switch stops working

Post by PauLL62 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:30 pm

First I will say that it used to work fine but not anymore. I hadn't flown it for a while and it would not work.
I have Citation X version 2, Citation II, Premier, and Beech 400 and all still are fine. Not having problems with anything else either.
Windows 10, FSX Boxed 32 bit, I7 Laptop 12 gigs memory, CH Eclipse Yoke, CH Pro Pedals.

Problem is that avionics screens go black within about a minute and battery switch goes off and then cannot be turned back on through VC interface or popup panel. This is whether the GPU is running or not. Sometimes it will crash FSX shortly after, not always. I did a uninstall, download and reinstall and problem continued after re-install.

Also have Steam FSX installed and same problem happened when I installed in Steam edition.
Thanks, Paul

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: Screens go blank and battery switch stops working

Post by N400QW » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:42 pm

First have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38

Then do a complete Unistall from both the FSX and FSX Steam Platforms, Redownload a fresh CJ1+ from our site and do a reinstall to the FSX Path Here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
Confirm a working FSX Installation and report back.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

PauLL62

Post by PauLL62 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:43 am

It works now but I am having a problem with occasional pausing and stuttering. It occurs sometimes when I change view from inside to outside the aircraft. I have been operating for a long time with User Access Control off for a long time. I run FSX as administrator.
I have run into a similar problem with the Flight1 pilatus PC-12 which is not supported for Windows 10 but it will work most of the time with the settings set as you recommended in the other post that you linked to. The PC-12 always does the pause and stutter when a new sound comes on such as the voice saying that you have reached minimums.
I have experienced this stutter and pause with the CJ1+ when a new sound shows such as a warning. But it does not happen every time.
It is at least usable now so I thank you for the advice. I will be happy to try other things.
Paul

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:10 am

;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

PauLL62

Post by PauLL62 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:20 pm

A follow up. The problems with what I called stuttering are mostly gone except for rare occasions. So it is working well and is certainly a great airplane to fly. Thank you.
But I did run into a problem with the latest Win10 update last week. I had used the regedit solution in the link about Windows 10 problems over 8 months ago, maybe longer.

https://superuser.com/questions/950997/ ... ws-10-home

So after I had problems with the CJ1+ and the Gen 2 Citation X loading after that WIN 10 update, I was not thinking that as a possible problem because I had already done it. So I opened regedit and looked and the Error Reporting Disabled Dword was gone. So apparently the WIN 10 update removed it. It was causing both of the Gen 2 planes to take about 10 minutes to load and then kept doing so many pauses after initial load that it was useless. After redoing the Regedit fix again in that link both planes started loading again in about 20 to 30 seconds and work fine now.

Paul

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:22 pm

:D
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL