CXG2 More Questions...

Citation X Extreme 2.0 Support Forum
nhagag

CXG2 More Questions...

Post by nhagag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am

Hello Again

I have made and flew several flights on Cessna 2 extreme in P3D v3.4
Every time I encounter the following:
1. Unable to enter Alternate Destination Airport. No response upon clicking ALTN after entering ALTN Airport on Scratchpad.
2. Message: No Take off. Although flight plan is complete and Vspeeds, slopes and fuel are calculated, Flaps set etc. Attempt to take off get a chime rings until off the ground.
3. VNAV InOP. What is it coupled to?
4. Flight Plans generated by PFPX usually have SIDs and STARS. On Arrival entering the runway FMC keeps FLight level (e.g. Fl380) the same all the way to the SATR. Entering the STAR, it is added a second time and I have to edit and delete waypoints and the plan is messed up and I have to enter descent flight levels manually.

I watched the YouTube tutorials
Any insights in these issues will be appreciated.

Bill

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 More Questions...

Post by N400QW » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am

Number one is you are not in compliance with our forum rules here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40
Number two is you are posting in the wrong forum causing us to move the post here while you can drill down here to post.
The CXG2 is a near study level sim and it rewards those who don't take shortcuts.
Finally, where is your Plan for us to see... :?

After completing all five videos, locate the included documentation and study the parts that deal with your situation/s

N400QW wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 am
1. Read this first: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40

2. Then carefully watch these: Image You Tube FMS Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nEyH-gXL55

3. Nothing wrong with the CX though, we will need to see your PLN.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:46 pm

nhagag wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 am
1. Unable to enter Alternate Destination Airport. No response upon clicking ALTN after entering ALTN Airport on Scratchpad.
That's non-functional, a real world X pilot stated they'd never used it and thus it wasn't important enough to develop.
nhagag wrote:
2. Message: No Take off. Although flight plan is complete and Vspeeds, slopes and fuel are calculated, Flaps set etc. Attempt to take off get a chime rings until off the ground.
Might check to see what the system is telling you that you forgot... because you did forget something. It's one of the functions on the MFD, I don't recall offhand how to display it, but it's there.
nhagag wrote:
3. VNAV InOP. What is it coupled to?
It's not "coupled" to anything. You have to have a correctly entered and defined flight plan with altitude restrictions. You have to have LNAV as the active lateral autopilot mode. Just the main things that come to mine.
nhagag wrote:
4. Flight Plans generated by PFPX usually have SIDs and STARS. On Arrival entering the runway FMC keeps FLight level (e.g. Fl380) the same all the way to the SATR. Entering the STAR, it is added a second time and I have to edit and delete waypoints and the plan is messed up and I have to enter descent flight levels manually.
No saved flight plan should have procedures in them, ever. Period. The real aircraft doesn't store flight plans with procedures included.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:26 am

CXG2 Main Manual: No Takeoff Warning

No Takeoff Warning: The No Takeoff Warning requires a number of conditions to be met before it can be extinguished.

A. Turn on Pitot Heat from Right Tilt Panel
B. Flaps Should be set to at least 15 and Pitch Trim Green Arrow set in Green Arc as indicated in EICAS Gauge
to avoid No Take Off Warning.
C. Release Brakes. The illustration below shows warning because Brakes have not been released.
D. This does not account for other error messages which must be addressed if those conditions are not corrected.
E. On the MFD: With the main menu visible, press the < button.
F. Press the menu button beneath the 'NO TAKEOFF' menu option. Read the reason(s) why it's active.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL