CXG2 Blank Screens

Citation X Extreme 2.0 Support Forum
Endeavor384

Re: CXG2 Blank Screens

Post by Endeavor384 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:37 am

NDB V3.02.11M

upon loading aircraft, I don't have it set to cold and dark. The screens used to just be on during initial load. I did change this to cold/dark and did normal startup procedures, still black screens.

EICAS is on
Left tilt Standby Pwr is On
IRS is aligned

Still blank screens

Mark

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am

Endeavor384 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:37 am
NDB V3.02.11M

upon loading aircraft, I don't have it set to cold and dark. The screens used to just be on during initial load. I did change this to cold/dark and did normal startup procedures, still black screens.

EICAS is on
Left tilt Standby Pwr is On
IRS is aligned

Still blank screens

Mark
Ok, the CX isn't broken and the xml.dll is unedited and correct according to your post up thread. "The screens used to just be on during initial load." and " I did change this to cold/dark and did normal startup procedures" speaks to a mis configured sim.

Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and rename any Prepar3D.cfg file. Restart the sim and allow the default jet to load at Eglin with engines running, then select the CX and report back.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi Ronald

I may not have made myself entirely clear with those statements so let me do that so you're not under false impressions. Prior to my uninstall of P3D and CX, my plane would just load everything up on initial load with no issues; MFD, PFD and all loaded fine and worked as expected. I had also then changed the load to be cold/dark each time and is how I would typically fly.

After the uninstall of P3D and the reinstall of everything and everything you and I have tried since, my screens have never turned on. For the sake of trying everything, I had loaded the CX and there were blank screens after the new clean install. So for the sake of it, I then tried the cold/dark setup and ran through the checklist and started it up, still with blank screens.

Just to rule out a config issue, I did try your requested steps by deleting my CFG file. I loaded P3D, the default F22 at default loc of Eglin. After load, I gave it a few seconds to sit there and stabilize then switching A/C to the CX at which point the screens were still blank/black.

sorry for confusion on that.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Endeavor384 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:46 pm
Hi Ronald

I may not have made myself entirely clear with those statements so let me do that so you're not under false impressions. Prior to my uninstall of P3D and CX, my plane would just load everything up on initial load with no issues; MFD, PFD and all loaded fine and worked as expected. I had also then changed the load to be cold/dark each time and is how I would typically fly.

After the uninstall of P3D and the reinstall of everything and everything you and I have tried since, my screens have never turned on. For the sake of trying everything, I had loaded the CX and there were blank screens after the new clean install. So for the sake of it, I then tried the cold/dark setup and ran through the checklist and started it up, still with blank screens.

Just to rule out a config issue, I did try your requested steps by deleting my CFG file. I loaded P3D, the default F22 at default loc of Eglin. After load, I gave it a few seconds to sit there and stabilize then switching A/C to the CX at which point the screens were still blank/black.

sorry for confusion on that.
No apology required. We need to help. So after F22 load and CX selection did you run kneeboard checklists, standby power on, and IRS Initialize correctly? If all those have been verified and still blank screen we are stumped. :o
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Yup, F22 loaded fine, allowed all scenery a few seconds to populate and smooth out. Then changed A/C to the 800ES CX. IRS did initialize after alignment phase, I programmed a full FMC flight and had all the detail in as if i were ready to take it off and do the flight, but the PFD, MFD never populated; remained on the black screens. All systems per checklist were verified on and I was ready for the before taxi checklist when I stopped. Figured with the EICAS is when I should expect engine information and attitude displays and then the standby power get my heading information and all but nothing happened.

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Ok, after proper IRS Init both the PFD and MFD come alive. If yours is not, a local machine, sim, or user error is causing this.
Sorry but you will need to find out locally why this happening. :?

PS, Try all of this but select another AC than the 800ES to eliminate that as culprit.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

Endeavor384

Post by Endeavor384 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:58 pm

I'll give it a shot and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the assistance.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 am

Nope... that XML isn't correct. What version of sim is this? Replace your DLL.XML content with this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>TargetInfo</Name>
    <Path>Gauges\TargetInfo.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Fury_1500</Name>
    <Path>Gauges\Fury_1500.dll</Path>