Problems with climbing after T/O

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
Herwald

Re: Problems with climbing after T/O

Post by Herwald » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 am

WarpD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:48 am
I stated I need to see the EICAS and PFD during climb. Please provide that so that I can assist you properly.
Attachment is placed. Maybe it is too small.
Thanks WarpD for your help.
CXG2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herwald

Post by Herwald » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:22 am

Herwald wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:20 am
WarpD wrote:
I stated I need to see the EICAS and PFD during climb. Please provide that so that I can assist you properly.
Attachment is placed. Maybe it is too small.
Thanks WarpD for your help.CXG2.jpg
At the moment of the screenshot the is aircraft has already 40nm flown. When settin the V/s to 2400 the speed goes more and more down.
Regards Herbert

Herwald

Post by Herwald » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:43 am

WarpD wrote:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:15 am

In this aircraft, VS mode is not typically used for extended climbs as the pilot would have to keep adjusting the VS to maintain airspeed. FLC is the typical mode used for climbs as it trys to maintain a set airspeed. Using VS runs the risk of stalling. I believe your set VS value is higher than the aircraft can support under the current sim conditions (weather, aircraft weight) and it's only going to get worse as you go higher.

You have also loaded the fuel in a manner that makes the real aircraft unsafe to fly. The center tank on a 750 is never empty. It always has at least 500lbs of fuel. The fuel load you have onboard is good for an hour's flight... and that's if you ignore actual requirements for reserve amount of fuel.

I have no idea how many passengers you've put into the aircraft either, so I don't know what total aircraft weight is. That too can be a factor in performance.

However, the most glaring item I see is that on the MFD it reports the static air temperature (SAT) as being 47 degrees celsius. That would be over 100 degrees fahrenheit. At almost 9000' above sea level... very, very unlikely. I realize you're flying in Costa Rica, but even there I don't think it's 100+ degrees at 9000' foot.

Another item of interest: You are flying with your MFD in plan mode for the display. It's actually only good for ensuring your entered flight plan goes where you want without any unexpected or unwanted switchbacks. You shouldn't be flying along in plan mode as it doesn't stay centered around the aircraft.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Herwald

Post by Herwald » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 am

Hi, i filled all tanks, set FLC to 190 knots,temperature is -43°,3 Persons on board, still climbing extremly slow,screenshot is 40 nm afterT/O.
CXG2_new.jpg

Herwald

Post by Herwald » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am

Herwald wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:00 am
Hi, i filled all tanks, set FLC to 190 knots,temperature is -43°,3 Persons on board, still climbing extremly slow,screenshot is 40 nm afterT/O.CXG2_new.jpg
I compared my flight with a flight on YouTube. With a certain V/S-Setting my Altitude Rolling Digits move not half as fast as in the YouTubevideo.
They should run faster with this V/S.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Your weather is impossible. Where are you getting this weather? It is NOT that cold at 8,000ft. It is 1 celsius at that altitude under ISA conditions. I am uploading a video to show you the X in a climb... from LIMON airport.

On Mt. Everest at 29,000ft it is -27 celsius... which means it's warmer on Mt. Everest than it is where your aircraft is flying. That's not realistic.
Last edited by WarpD on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm

It is still uploading, but here's the link to a 3 minute video of the X climbing out of LIMON airport in Costa Rica:
https://youtu.be/QvYOqtYqzfc
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

Herwald

Post by Herwald » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 am

WarpD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm
It is still uploading, but here's the link to a 3 minute video of the X climbing out of LIMON airport in Costa Rica:
WarpD wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:11 pm
Hi Ed, thanks for your answer and help. Concerning the temperature i was also confused. I took the ATIS-infos for my FMC-settings.
I checked the climb-phase in your video and other videos and compared it with my aircraft. As i said before, the Altitude Rollind Digits(so called in the tutorial) move half as fast in my aircraft with the same V/S settings like in the Videos. No idea why.
And íf i try to download a new aircraft from Eaglesoft, my download shows a Flight1 aircraft, which i can`t install.
Thanks for your answer.
Regards Herbert

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:26 am

If obtained from Sim Market re download from there.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL