CX Custom Hold

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
Drumsticks

CX Custom Hold

Post by Drumsticks » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 am

Please point me to info on how to program custom hold in CX FMS.

Thanks

Richard Harris

robert60

Re: CX Custom Hold

Post by robert60 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Hello,
While flying online I was instructed to hold at a published hold, this was also my next waypoint in the flight plan, I went to the NAV page 2, Patterns, Hold and selected the waypoint, entered the proper course, left hand pattern, 7.0 NM and I put in a speed of 230 (I believe correct for 16000). I activated the hold, the DME froze at 28.6nm no matter how close I was, then flew right thru the waypoint and proceeded to the next waypoint. What did I do wrong? I am using:
FSX-SE
Default Scenery
AS-16
Chase Plane
Current Airac 1811
Current Version 3-2-11

Thank You

maartenvd84

Post by maartenvd84 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 am

Not sure if this has anything to do with the hold... but it could be.
Either way, it's behavior I've seen quite a few times when I forgot to complete the landing initialization configuration (wind, temperature, flaps ...) before doing the descent. There's no problem initially, but then the last 100-40nm the FMS goes bananas and freezes.

The only good thing about that: it could happen in real life as well ... and than it's back to the basics using standby instruments :-)

robert60

Post by robert60 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks for response, I end up flying the hold with the Heading hold, as it draws the hold nicely, once I delete the hold the dme changes back to the correct NM and will sequence to the next waypoint.