CXG2 Pilot waypoint

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
maartenvd84

CXG2 Pilot waypoint

Post by maartenvd84 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,

Two questions with regards to flight planning.
1) Can we directly insert coordinates in the FPL, or do we always need to pass via a pilot waypoint?
2) What's the meaning of the LSK3 options in the screenshot below? I figured out you can enter 'P/B/D' but no clue what it means... :lol:
https://imgur.com/a/fEHuD

Kind regards,
Maarten

WarpD

Re: CXG2 Pilot waypoint

Post by WarpD » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:20 pm

I did not define support for random lat/lon input. Not something you should need in this day and age.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]

maartenvd84

Post by maartenvd84 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:08 am

Dear Ed,

there seems to be at least some support for those ‘custom waypoints’ via coordinates as I can enter them in the ‘pilot waypoints’ screen…so the second question of my post remains I think: what’s the usage of those parameters P/B/D or P/B/P/B … ?

Ps: The reason I’m pursuing this is simply because sometimes I have to fly long routes (see one of my previous post viewtopic.php?f=11&t=105 ) which have no intermediate waypoints over the ocean (e.g. trip from ENSB to BGSF).

Thanks.
Maarten

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

For flights that don't fall within the normal routing (as in no one in the real world flies that way regularly) your best bet is a great circle route. However if you want waypoints, there are still waypoints defined... like 7800N 7620N 7430N 7240N 7050N.

As for PBD... that's place, bearing, distance. You need a waypoint (place) to reference from. It is better to use the NAT waypoints (like above) that are already defined in the database.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson [WarpD]