CXG2 Autopilot Issue

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
Joeintn

CXG2 Autopilot Issue

Post by Joeintn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello,
I am having a a problem with the autopilot not functioning properly. To begin with you can only select the B side autopilot. I can take off on a flight and about half way to the destination the autopilot stops tracking the flight plan and the MFD on both sides freeze up. I have Fsx- Steam and Windows 8.1.
Other specs : Intel I 7-4770k 3.50 ghz 12 gb memory 64 bit Nvidia Ge Force gtx 745.
I also have an issue with regards to the database missing Sids and approaches.For instance, a flight between KBNA and KMDW has no Sids at KBNA and zero approaches at KMDW although all the Stars are there.
Hope someone will be able to help me sort this out as I absolutely love this fantastic airplane even though I have had to dead reckon the last half of my VFR flights to my destination.
Thank you
Additional info:

Joystick= Logitech Extreme 3d pro
Keyboard= Logitech G710+
Software= Orbix scenery: Ftx Global base, Ftx Global Vector, Ftx Global open Lc North America, Ftx Global Trees, Na Southern California
Flight plans have been FMS built.
Last edited by Joeintn on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 Autopilot Issue

Post by N400QW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Please read and comply.. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

maartenvd84

Post by maartenvd84 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:58 am

Dears,

I'm facing the issue of the MFD to freeze about 100nm before arriving at the destination airport. This looks like the same issue the OP had, but unfortunately never got a proper reply in this forum).

To comply with viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40 , please find details below:

1. P3Dv3 32 Bit Simulation Platform
2. Windows 10 x64 Pro Operating System
3. Hardware Peripherals: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, Logitech G35 headset
4. Flight Plan Issues. FMS Built (directly into CX FMS/CDU)

ENSB --> AMPIS (via AMPIS1A SID) --> KUNUK --> BGSF

5, Third Party Software/Versions
5.1 IVAO IVAP Client
5.2 NaviGraph Cycle 1703
5.3 Airport scenery (both payware as freeware), but none are part of the route
5.4 PlanGv3 (but not running during flights)

6. Other requests as required; N/A
7. Navigate to and post in the relevant forum for your product; DONE.

Route summary:
1. CDU mentioned in all flights (regardless the flightplan) "check data load 264"... but already after POS INIT (first step in CDU).
2. No warnings. Ready for take off.
2. Take off ... All goes well.
3. 1000nm of flying ... All goes well. Wonder why the MFD shows me being way off to the right on the map... but maybe it's normal because of crosswind...? PFD shows I'm on track so... I assume it's OK.
4. ... things go south... I noticed I'm really off course (no longer going to KUNUK, even if AP and NAV were still enabled). Corrected course by switching to HDG mode in AP. Notice that PFD shows 34.7nm to go, while the MFD is stuck at 58.4nm.
5. Tried to correct things in the FMS/CDU (direct to BGSF) ... but ended with a severe crash. Note the 'null' value in the PFD. I programmed serveral years ... and I suppose 'null' was never intended to come out here ;-).

Screenshots about all of this can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/IPnPS

I'm sure the plane works flawlessly for many people, but somewhere things go terribly wrong. Always at the very end of the flight... (this is not a one-time issue).

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!
Maarten

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 am

There was a root cause for that MFD freeze issue in the old forums but is lost. Perhaps someone who experienced the cause and solution can repost. ;)

PS: Use of addon scenery and AFCADS can and does effect DB operations and can effect overall accuracy in sim.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 am

1. That flight plan isn't one you should use. Not enough waypoints.... however...
2. As you fly really long tracks between waypoints that are 100+ miles apart, the line on the MFD will diverge because you are flying a great circle route and the line on the MFD is a straight line. It's simply a visual anomaly. Nothing on your screen told me you were off course, the CDI indicated you were dead center on your needed course and the angle of the aircraft's nose was because of the headwind.

The line on the MFD is off center because there is no routine for drawing a great circle line on a flat surface in this addon's code. Use more waypoints, reduce the size of the line offset.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

maartenvd84

Post by maartenvd84 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 am

Dear N400QW,
Dear WarpD,

Thanks for your replies.
There was a root cause for that MFD freeze issue in the old forums but is lost
Well, before posting here I was lookin' on other fora as well... and there I found indeed some URL's to this forum, but they were no longer valid. Pitty.
That flight plan isn't one you should use. Not enough waypoints....
I totally agree. Unfortunately this route does not hold a lot of waypoints (unless I would have used coordinates). But on the other hand, all previous flights resulting in the same outcome, had more than sufficient waypoints close to each other.
As you fly really long tracks between waypoints that are 100+ miles apart, the line on the MFD will diverge because you are flying a great circle route
Thanks, that explains a lot. Should have known better :oops:

I'll keep searching for the root cause on other fora. If something pops up from your side (or any side :P ), please let me know.
What I found so far:
- Do not align IRS2 (and do not load current position in FMS2) --> Always did this in the past.
- Do not include the SID(/STAR/ARR) in the flight plan. Just close it with the destination airport and afterwards at SID --> Always did this in the past.

KInd regards,
Maarten

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:24 pm

maartenvd84 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:11 am
Dear N400QW,
Dear WarpD,

Thanks for your replies.

I'll keep searching for the root cause on other fora. If something pops up from your side (or any side :P ), please let me know.

What I found so far:
- Do not align IRS2 (and do not load current position in FMS2) --> Always did this in the past.
- Do not include the SID(/STAR/ARR) in the flight plan. Just close it with the destination airport and afterwards at SID --> Always did this in the past.

KInd regards,
Maarten

We don't say bypass FMS2 alignment.... :geek:
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL