Citation X Extreme G2 & Hyper Gauges

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
michaelnicholson

Citation X Extreme G2 & Hyper Gauges

Post by michaelnicholson » Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 pm

I just reinstalled the Citation X Extreme G2 as I was again looking at the XLS and had to have something while waiting. I use Windows 10 64 bit and am installing this into FSX SE. I got a warning not to install the Hyper Gauges. I'm assuming this warning can be ignored, but just wanted to know Eaglesoft's advice concerning this. Thanks, Mike Nicholson.

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: Citation X Extreme G2 & Hyper Gauges

Post by N400QW » Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Ignore it. False positive ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

michaelnicholson

Post by michaelnicholson » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it was a false positive or you wouldn't be making it for FSX SE. I sure am looking forward to a couple of your new aircraft. Take care, Mike PS: Is there a way to just install the gauges or do I need to uninstall and reinstall it to get the gauges?

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Thu May 17, 2018 11:34 pm

Run the reinstall routine and report back, ;)
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

michaelnicholson

Post by michaelnicholson » Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Ron,

Well, first I just tried reinstalling the program. It ran quickly to the FSX SE Hyper Gauge warning, I clicked Yes and it seemed to install. However, upon loading all I had was dark glass. I then did a Revo Uninstall of the Citation. I reinstalled it, clicked Yes at the FSX SE warning window, and it loaded with all the proper glass. I didn't have time to go any further, so I just closed it out. Later this morning, I loaded my weather for an IFR cross country, and then loaded FSX SE. There was no warning window - I had thought I would have to click Yes again. The Citation loaded but with dark glass again. I closed out, restarted my PC, and tried to load it again with the same results. Will the Generation Three Citation X and the XLS have these same gauges? I have all the PMDG, MadDog and Magestic Dash 8 on FSX SE with nothing happening like this problem. I'm open to any suggestions. Mike

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Fri May 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Something is amiss w/W10 security settings or with the installation. Clean it all out and do a fresh install. Following these tips? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

michaelnicholson

Post by michaelnicholson » Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

I routinely shut a lot of my Windows security down permanent. I shut all of it down on all flt sim downloads and installations. This installation was different than the first in that I never received a window giving me an option to say Yes or No to the Hyper Gauge while installing the fresh download. Near the end of the installation, I did get the the Hyper Gauge window which just has a block to check OK. I could tell something was wrong when I attempted to load the Citation though. It was very very slow. Then it opened in a sort of grayed window which was totally dead. There was no response for anything. I reviewed the Steam forums and others have this same problem. The feeling is this is a result of the recent massive Windows 10 update. For instance, I had attempted a couple of flights over a two day period with Radar Contact (I fly every flight with Radar Contact). Seemed like you could hear the ATIS and copy your clearance, but then you could barely hear the controller which you of course must hear to comply. Looked at the Radar Contact Forum; there was a thread addressing the problem as a result of the Windows 10 update, and set forth the fix. I do intend to forward my problem to Steam although I don't expect any answer from them except they do not accept any third party programs.

I had this same problem though after receiving my new Jetline Systems PC for Christmas. I got the same window when trying to install the Citation X, and gave up. I'm hoping the new XLS does not use the Hyper Gauge set up. Do you know? This PC came with P3D4 installed, but I could not install some of the programs I was used to and went to Steam. All in all, I have been very happy with it. Have not had a single problem until this one. Take care, Mike

N400QW
Site Admin

Post by N400QW » Sun May 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Just a guess but my money would be on the W10 OS as the culprit... ;) Have you seen our W10 section here? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 pm

michaelnicholson wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm
I got the same window when trying to install the Citation X, and gave up. I'm hoping the new XLS does not use the Hyper Gauge set up.
I know it's oh so easy to blame Hypergauge... but the truth is... it's Microsoft that has done this. Try the following:
  1. Locate the entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers"
  2. Find the value that contains "fsx.exe".
  3. See if it has an entry for IgnoreFreeLibrary <HyperGauge.dll> in it. If so... delete the value.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson

michaelnicholson

Post by michaelnicholson » Mon May 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Ed,

By the time I read your suggestion, I had already uninstalled the Citation to include scrubbing the Register. I checked my Register after reading your input and was able to go to the FSX\fsx.exe file, but no further. Type was reflected as REG-S2 and DATA as HIGHDPIAWARE. I understood your direction as to only delete anything in this file, so I did nothing. I went ahead and reinstalled the Citation. There was no Steam warning window, and it opened fine. Came back a couple hours later, loaded my weather, loaded the aircraft and my IFR flight plan. The flight was normal. I'm not sure what I did, but it's working now. This computer came with Windows 10. What a change from Windows 7! It's really had a learning curve for me. I appreciate your and Ron's help, Thank You. Mike