CXG2 Throttle Issue

Citation X Extreme G2 Support Forum
RTEXPRESS

CXG2 Throttle Issue

Post by RTEXPRESS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello,
I have just reloaded the Citation X v2 I haven't used it for a couple of years and wanted to get some FMS experience and fly something with some speed. I downloaded the lasted version and it displayed correctly in the FMS. I am having some weird throttle issues, here is a list of my current FS hardware:

Alienware Aurora R6 7700K processor 16gb Ram GTX 1080 graphic card, Windows 10, FSX-SE, Saitek Proflight Yoke, TQ and Rudder Pedals I also have a CH TQ I been trying also. Logitech G13 Keypad current version of Active Sky and chase plane.

I have the lasted version for FSUIPC Installed have all system/OS current updates installed.

Ok now the throttle issue when I set the throttles up in FSUIPC when they advance they have the reverse thrust engaged and they tend to bounce around. So it changed it so both throttles are tied together on one lever. Then both throttles advance as they they should, I setup a button for reverse thrust which appears to be working. Ok great not to worried about having separate throttles just needed them working, setup the fms started the engines every thing seemed fine. Problem is when I advance the throttles even though they move in the sim TQ the engine remain at idle, if I set them up on separate throttles the engines will respond but the reverse thrust is engaged until I pull them back to idle then the reverser's close and it jumps up to cruise detente. I have tried these on both my CH & Saitek TQ's both in FSUIC and FSX controls this is the only aircaft I am having any issues with. Not much out on the internet what is there is getting dated I know your working on an updated version of this plane which looks really neat!

It very well be something I'm missing but I thought I would see if anyone has any suggestions, Thanks!!

N400QW
Site Admin

Re: CXG2 Throttle Issue

Post by N400QW » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 pm

See the thread V3.02.11 three above this regarding fsuipc and simconnect.
Best Regards,
Ronald Hamilton ASEL

RTEXPRESS

Post by RTEXPRESS » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 pm

I made sure I installed the required version of simconnect but it didn't help everything seems to work but engines don't respond to throttle movements even though they move in the sim. I may try uninstalling then reinstalling the plane and see if that helps.

WarpD

Post by WarpD » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I have never even attempted to support FSUIPC as the throttle interface. It is not supported because it takes a controller that has a potential of 32,768 discrete positions and dumbs it down to 16,384. The throttle axis is what I take control of... the axis. This is the raw input into the sim itself. With FSUIPC attempting to do the exact same thing... it gets dicey, at the least.
Best Regards,
Ed Wilson